The Silver Plating process gives mirror bright and hard silver plating with anti-tarnish effects. Besides, it is mainly used for electrical (switch gear) & electronic components that are generally exposed to high humidity environment.
Silver is generally used as a cheaper replacement for gold. Silver plating is also used to plate variety of artificial or real jewelleries & antiques
Silver plating offers the following advantages :
- Silver has highest electrical conductivity when compared to all other metals
- Silver has high electrical and thermal conductivity
- Silver is corrosion resistant
- Silver has excellent solder ability
- Despite being tarnished easily, silver can be cleaned and polished